Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Subject and Deadline

It's funny how productive you can be, given the right framework. When I began this blog I wrote most often while I was commuting for lessons between Ottawa and Montreal. Writing while travelling has become so ingrained in me that I can't avoid thinking about it when I sit facing the back of another chair. Naturally, touring with EUBO allowed the experiences and time in transit to put my thoughts on to paper, so to speak. Those periods when I am not touring, however, often prove to be difficult for me. Except, it seems, when I'm approached to do it.

Just a few days ago I was asked to write a post for a new online publication and, after sitting down for a few hours, it has already been submitted. In the words of Leonard Bernstein, "to achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not enough time." In my case, to write something simple all I needed was to be given a subject and a deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any copyrighted material on these pages is included as "fair use", for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis only, and will be removed at the request of copyright owner(s).