Friday, December 16, 2011

A Question to You

One year ago, I began theheckeler.ca to act as both a journal of my activities and as a medium to voice my opinions and ideas for musical performance. Recently, I have become quite interested in writing about young groups and their strategies for success. 2012 will see theheckeler.ca continue this "Emerging Artist Series", as well as my usual banter.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a Youtube video of Sally Jackson playing a concerto for bassoon by Capel Bond. It was a pleasant surprise for two reasons: one, I had never heard a recording of Ms. Jackson (though a video of her demonstrating different bassoons is in one of my most read posts), and two, theheckeler.ca was mentioned in the blurb below the video. I invite you all to take a look at it which can be seen here.



Seeing this then got me thinking. Would it be beneficial to put out one or two of my own in the new year about the different baroque bassoons I have, how I make my reeds, and so on? It would be the first time this would have ever, to my knowledge, been done and may prove useful to a few.

I'd like to know if there are any of my readers who would be interested in watching a reed-making video and/or early bassoon demo? If so, please comment below, or send me an email at truburn@gmail.com. If I don't get a reaction, I'll put the thought on the backburner.

Of course, as I continue to learn new things, some of my posts become out of date. One of them that I expect to update soon and re-post is "The Baroque Bassoon in North America". Keep an eye out for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any copyrighted material on these pages is included as "fair use", for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis only, and will be removed at the request of copyright owner(s).