Saturday, March 12, 2011

Do you always take time to…

Well… I see that I’ve been away from all of it a little too long, again. Sorry!
I’ve recently been swamped with various performances and mid terms and such and I’ve been finding it quite hard to practice all of this things that I’ve wanted to in a 2.5-hour sit-down.
Because I’ve had a solo performance every two weeks for the past month and a half, I’ve spent much more time working on the pieces themselves rather than exercises and scales. Although I feel that this extra time on the music seemed to pay off come concert time, I do wish that I could spend more time on my exercises in a practice session.

When you have performances coming up, do you take more time out of your practice session for the music, or do you keep to your exercises? My teacher Jo Ann firmly believes in keeping the breakdown of her session the same even when there’s a concert that week. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of us would prefer to just work on the piece for 2 hours and leave it at that.

So what do you do when you have a concert coming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any copyrighted material on these pages is included as "fair use", for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis only, and will be removed at the request of copyright owner(s).