Friday, January 28, 2011

An idea for period costume

This coming Saturday I’ve been invited to a ‘50s themed party. One of my roommates, Marissa, and her friend took me out to value village (i say took me out, ‘tis not 3 minutes walk from our house) to look for costumes. I managed to find a great short-sleeved, collared shirt and suspenders for cheap and, as I left the store, I got thinking.

If I use the term ‘period costume’, especially when talking about music, one thinks of powdered wigs, or frilly shirts with handkerchiefs stuffed up the sleeve. Maybe some shoes with a buckle on the front too, and tights right?
What if we were to have a concert of 20th century music wearing the clothes of the various decades? Would that have any appeal at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any copyrighted material on these pages is included as "fair use", for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis only, and will be removed at the request of copyright owner(s).