Saturday, December 11, 2010

To Begin With

A month ago or so, my friend Alice sent me a link to a page on Indiana University’s website. I decided that it would be a good idea for my future music career to read some of the books that were recommended there. Boy was that a good idea.



In three weeks I’ve read three books (not very common for me): “Beyond Talent” by Amanda Beeching, “Arts Marketing Insights” by Joanne Scheff Bernstein, and “The New Rules of Marketing and PR” by David Meerman Scott. All of them have been incredibly helpful to me and have really opened my eyes to the different possibilities out there for a musician.

The New Rules pointed out the tremendous benefits there are to having a blog and staying connected in the growing ‘plugged-in’ environment. That being said, I’ve decided to start this blog to share my thoughts and experiences in the classical music world.

I also hope to discuss difficulties that will or are currently being faced in the world of classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any copyrighted material on these pages is included as "fair use", for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis only, and will be removed at the request of copyright owner(s).